Thursday, October 04, 2012

Confessions....

            For some time, I have been in a season unlike any in my walk with the Lord.  Every day, often multiple times a day, I feel almost incapacitated by a sense of my own sinfulness.  This awareness usually comes through a moment of failure, a mistake made, a motive exposed.  Much of the time, the casual observer wouldn't see anything momentous or heinous occur.  But to me, even a pebble-sized fault feels like a soul-crushing avalanche.
            I am grateful I have been crucified with Christ.  I can't be cured, fixed, or made better.  Death is the only solution to me.  Thank God I no longer live, and that Christ lives in me.  Day to day, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me (Gal. 2:20).  Why He loves me (who has no attractiveness or purity) is beyond my comprehension.  It is enough for me--it is more than enough for me--to simply believe that He does.  And I thank Him that He did not leave me as I am but put me to death so that His beauty & purity could live in me.

No comments: